Thursday, December 17, 2009

Damper and distribution block.

The dampers were also very dirty...


The torque to put them together is 14.47 ft/lbs and to install them on the sphere, the torque is 13.74 ft/lbs. I use 14.50 and 13.50 ft/lbs. the torque to install them is less to avoid over-tightening the assembly.


Moving to the front left quarter. Once everything is disconnected I will blow the lines from the back, then I'll install the rear height corrector.


The distribution block:


One of the 2 cylinders (Very rusted of course)


I was wondering how to remove the rust on the balls and cylinders other than using a tumbler. A powerful magnet worked great.



The O rings at the ends are supposed to be 2x16. Ordering them would set me back a full week. I had in stock 2-113; just to be sure I tested them under pressure and everything is fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment